Sunday, January 17, 2021

Rainy Days in January


We have received a few cards recently with the passing of Eric's dad.  This was a sweet homemade one from someone in Ohio.


Working on school.


My sister dropped off some delicious bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. :)


For Monday's dinner, I made Easy Baked Potato Soup and Caesar salad.


Lots and lots of rain this week!


We received a sweet gift basket from our friends, Ricky and Brandie Martin.  Ricky and Brandie were some of our closest friends this year.  The people who knew about the fire you walked through.  Thank you, guys, for your friendship this past year.


And a dear card and money gift from another friend.  For some reason, this one touched me to tears.  Just knowing this person lost his dad in 2020 too.  


Orange chicken and eggrolls for dinner Tuesday.  
I went easy - frozen and heat.  LOL!


It's middle of January and my perennials are coming up!  It's kind of like we went from fall to spring here.  I'm ok with that. :)

Wednesday was all day working on grades.  Time to get the second period grades off to Florida.  I always think - oh, it won't take me long.
Yeah.


For dinner, I made Goldenrod Toast.  Maybe you have never heard of this.  I seriously always thought this was something only MY family made up for dinner growing up.  However, it is a real recipe and isn't as uncommon as I thought.  LOL!  Some people call it Creamed Eggs on Toast or Eggs a la' Goldenrod or a variety of this.  Whatever you call it, we like it.  It is really an interesting dish but quite tasty and comforting.


Thursday morning, after ALL day rain on Wednesday, we had this amazing sunrise.  The kind where you keep taking pictures cause it's so pretty.  I just stopped walking after awhile and took a few extra minutes talking to God. 












With school and housework, we also had to make a run to Wal-Mart.  Do you get this view from your Wal-Mart?  See the mountain? :)


For dinner, we had spaghetti, green beans and garlic breadsticks.
Thursday night is also Youth Group and Awana at church for the kiddos.


Friday was school.  We invited the cousins over for a birthday party for Max. :)  He turned 12 years old this month.



Taking a walk with the kids - these kids can talk!


Summer made a sweet card for Max and a banner. :)


Autumn decorated and made two cakes.  One Max could eat and another for the rest of us. :)



I made salisbury steak, mashed potatoes and corn for dinner. 




With 2020 being what it was and losing our Belle, I decided 2021 - we were doing things that we haven't done before.  Cause you never know what will happen next.  So we did a thing we never did before - we had a birthday party for our dog. :)


It was a lot of fun!  We had his special cake and a few presents - balls and doggie treats.

We had chocolate cake with ice cream and watched a movie together.


Saturday, Eric fixed a part of our fence that is leaning.  
I worked on more grading.  Almost done!
Went to the chiropractor, got gas and went to the library.



A view of Mt. Hood going to the chiropractor.  Love it!



Received in the mail a nice momento from the tissue center.  I was able to authorize tissue donation from my father-in-law after his death.  


Easy dinner - sloppy joes and pasta salad. :)
And that's a wrap for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment