Saturday, January 2, 2021

New Years Eve 2020

 

Tuesday, was a restart day for our family.  My father in law had lived with us for six weeks.  With his homegoing on Monday, it was time to restart back to us.  I spent the morning cleaning really well.  Floors, moving furniture, dusting.  I really wanted to get it all done ASAP to get that fresh start for the rest of the week.

And it felt very good.  My husband was given the day off and he was able to spend some time talking to some good friends helping him work through the grief of losing his dad.

After getting the house cleaned, it was nice to be able to sit down with a comfy blanket and enjoy some rest.  Especially after the crazy Monday it was.

And what a special surprise - friends, Stuart and Toni Mason brought over a homemade meal for our family.  What a blessing it can be - a simple meal - to show love and support on a tough day.


Then we watched my all-time favorite Christmas movie - "It's a Wonderful Life".  


Silly antics with Max and his treats.


Wednesday was a super rainy day.  After my husband left for work, I spent time finishing out my menu and grocery list.  Just working on some loose ends with paperwork and stuff.

I didn't want to at all but knew I needed to head to the store to get groceries.  

Tuesday was Sierra' spiritual birthday and in our family, we always celebrate with donuts. :)


I made a yummy lasagna for dinner with some fresh French bread.

New Years Eve - last day of 2020.  Sometimes you just need to take time to do something to make you feel good - like painting your toenails. :)


New Years Eve was spent making yummy food for our get togethers with our family.



Veggie pizza - one of my favorite appetizer/meals!


I also made avocado taco dip - another one of my favorite appetizers!



At 5:30, we headed over to Adam and Rachel's house.  We had lots of good food - pizza rolls, wings, chips and dip, avocado taco dip, veggie pizza.

After we ate, we did some singing around the piano.  Then we took some time to share what God taught us in 2020.  And what blessings we received.  And ended with prayer.

The girls got to spend the night with their cousins and they really enjoyed that memory!

And that is the ending of 2020 for the Tastets. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment