Friday, January 22, 2021

Grandpa Holt's Heavenly Anniversary

 

Today is the anniversary of my Grandpa Holt's homegoing to Heaven - 31 years ago today.  He passed away when I was 12 years old.  I remember it pretty clearly.  

He was in Intensive Care for 22 days.  

I can still see that waiting room...that hallway...and his hospital room in my mind.  Strange how those memories are still so vivid.  It was definitely very difficult losing a grandparent at that formative age.

I remember sitting with Grandpa and Grandma on Sunday evenings at our church in Arthur.  Grandpa wasn't saved until his later years of life but how I am glad that I have those memories of him at church - together.  

Grandpa and I shared a birthday - we were both born on March 14th.  Miss you, Grandpa and love you!

1 comment: