Monday, January 11, 2021

My Weekend-Moving Forward

Saturday, I tackled right off the things I didn't want to do.  Ha!  Cleaning the bathrooms and taking down the Christmas tree.  I have never waited this long to take down my tree but this holiday season was definitely different for our family and I wanted to keep that tree up a little longer to enjoy its beautiful glow.

But it was time to take it down - finally.  LOL!

After that, I swept, mopped and vacuumed.  Loaded the dishwasher.

Ran a few errands with Eric.  We went for a chiropractor visit - I had not been since before Christmas so definitely helpful and needed!  Then fill up our drinking water jug at Fred Meyer and drop off a large box at the recycling station.


Here in Oregon, flowers are already out for sale. :)

After that, I worked on some grades.  We are wrapping up the second grading period for the girls.  Some years, we would be wrapping up the third grading period but again - this was an off year with moving.  The girls worked on a few last items for the grading period that they needed to finish and submit.

For dinner, I grilled some cheeseburgers and served them with a Southwest salad.


Foggy Saturday night.

Sunday, we had our church service at 10:30am.  Afterwards, the pastor invited us to stay for pizza with them and two other families of the church.  We enjoyed the fellowship and food with everyone!  There is nothing that can replace church family fellowship.

I actually, then, took a nap when we got home.  I didn't sleep too well Saturday night and just was so draggy.  I had promised to make gingerbread cookies with Summer so we did that.  I let her do it - measure out all the ingredients and bake them.  She loves cooking and baking and they turned out yummy.  Not strong like gingerbread cookies taste.

I finished out my menu and grocery list for this week and then finished a book and started a new one before bed.

I hope your weekend was blessed and productive as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment