Thursday, January 28, 2021

We got snow in Oregon!

 Monday - an interesting day!  I still have not received my father-in-law's death certificates to move forward.  In my communication with the funeral home, the VA now could not locate them at their facility where they were sent to be signed.  Long story short, they are trying again.  

In another call with the VA, I was trying to settle his account and have any outstanding bills sent to me.  She first says that she couldn't speak with me because I am not listed as an authorized person on his account.  Could I have one that is call?  I replied, Sure!  Give me the names and I'll have them call.  Oh, she replies, I can't do that due to privacy laws.  I said, Maam, do you see how stupid that is?  He's dead, I can't ask him who the authorized user is - how am I supposed to know who to have call you!

Then she says, Oh, I see what the problem is.  You need to submit a death certificate to us.  Maam!!!  They were sent to your hospital three weeks ago and now you are claiming you can't find them!  How am I supposed to submit something that YOU couldn't even keep track of???

And I hung up.  So that was a little how my Monday started.  Ha!!!

You can bet when I get those certificates, I WON'T be mailing them to the VA.  I'll be marching my butt into that office.  Good. Grief.  

And then, my daughter lost her wallet with her driver's license so I am adding taking her and picking her up from work each day to my schedule.  I did that - then went to get groceries at Wal-Mart.  Just not a pleasurable start to my week.  LOL!

I made One-Pot Creamy Beef Stroganoff for dinner with carrots on the side.  Click on the link for this recipe - it is a cheap, tasty and easy comfort food for a cold January day!


Remember how my daughter, Addie, lost her license?  I was hoping the DMV would allow her to take my appointment Tuesday and...they wouldn't.  Isn't that fun?  The problem is the DMV is open by appointment only.  And the appointments are months out.  I'm praying God opens up an appointment for her because she isn't able to drive until we can get that license.  Augh!  I know God is in control but man is it frustrating sometimes.

The good news is I was able to transfer my Ohio license to an Oregon license.  And, Autumn passed her permit test!  Now to get in all our driving hours.  Yikes!


So, after the test, I let her drive a little around on the side roads.  This is so funny - it RARELY snows in the area where we live in Oregon.  We are only at 175 ft in elevation - so only higher elevations around us get any snow.
Except on the day she gets her permit!  LOL!  So, she did get some experience already driving in snow.  I guess that's a good thing!


I'm going to post several pictures cause we may not see this again!  LOL!







It was pretty watching it fall throughout the afternoon from my living room.



Video of the snow outside our home.


After we got home, I worked on school - with a warm blanket and heating pad at my feet.  LOL!


App that we use to track driving hours for our girls - wow!  Starting over with the second daughter already.


We then had to go get Addie from work.  They dismissed the daycare early.  The snow was really sticking the closer we got to Sherwood - the next town over.





What a mess it was trying to get home!  What normally takes a little less than 15 minutes took an hour.  I guess these Oregon drivers have no clue what to do when it snows!!




When we finally made it home after sitting in a line of traffic for forever, I quickly walked Max - boy, was it damp and chilly!  Then made dinner.


Try this meal the next time you need something quick and economical!  You can find the recipe at this link - 

No comments:

Post a Comment