Monday, September 11, 2023

September 11, 2023

Today is September 11th.  It is a day that anyone my age and older remembers vividly.  

I was newly married - only 2 1/2 months.  I was working at a Christian school run by our church-City Baptist School.  I was a secretary, the phone rang, and I answered it.  It was a security guard who told me about what happened.  I went to the principal of our school and told him.  He already knew but wanted to keep it quiet to not alarm the staff and students.  Just watching the footage when I got home was incredible.

Indeed a solemn time in history.  And I remember American flags everywhere you looked.  A genuinely united time in our country.

I hope that everyone takes the time to reflect and remember all that happened on this day twenty-two years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment