Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Decorating for Fall and September 11th

 Monday, September 11 - This is always a solemn day for me.  I try to take a lot of my day to watch coverage of the events at the 9/11 sites.  To remember and honor those who gave their lives.  It is incredible to hear every name being read still 22 years later.  I love that.  

Day 18 of school.  During the day, I did normal cleaning and chores.  I was out in the garage straightening it up some and brought in a few fall decorations.  Not meaning to actually decorate - I just wanted to put a few things out to see how they looked.  Well, one thing turned into the next, and pretty soon, I had the house decorated for fall.  It didn't help that a huge thunderstorm came up and turned the house dark and cozy.  It helped with my mood to want to decorate for fall. :)


When your husband forgets his travel mug on top of the car, it falls off, gets run over, and still is usable.  Gotta love a Yeti.


A photo of my husband at one of his work events that he emcees.


Does anyone love to sit in their garage when it rains?


Fall decor.



















Sunset from Aldi when out shopping.





Not decor but he is a permanent fixture.

I made crockpot chicken and dumplings for dinner.  I like to switch it up and sometimes I make this recipe in the crockpot and other times, I make the homemade style in the pot on the stove.  Even dinner felt like it went with the day's vibes.

After Autumn got home, I took Summer to the library to return books and pick up her holds.

Then we went to Aldi and Wal-Mart for our weekly groceries.  We didn't get home until almost 9 but that is how it is when I have to work around a car situation. :)

Have you decorated for fall yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment