Sunday, November 26, 2023

Homemade Apple Butter and Living Room Change

Thursday, Nov. 16th
Jackson usually sleeps with me when Eric is traveling. :)



Thankfully, gas is going down.  $3.01 with my Speedway discount on Nov. 16, 2023.


Today is one month since Max died.  This came up on my FB memories.  I miss you so much, buddy.  You left a big hole in our home.


Memory of Belle back in our Reno life.  She was my spirit animal.  She always wanted to be in that spot of sunshine.  I miss her too.
A memory of the ridiculousness of our former Oregon governor, Dictator Kate.  She told people to call the police on their neighbors if they had gatherings at their homes for Thanksgiving.  What a scam they created.


I gave my sister, Rachel, a call.  We haven't talked for over a week.  Got to have a long talk with my husband who is traveling this week.
I did some errands.  I picked up a garbage can for my office desk at Dollar Tree.  You truly can't beat $1.25 for a small garbage can!  I don't buy them anywhere else.
I stopped at Home Depot and got a toilet paper holder to replace the one in the girls' bathroom.
I stopped at Auto Zone and got a new bulb for my headlight for my SUV.
I dropped off a couple books at the library.
I went to Valvoline and got the oil changed in my SUV.  I was pleased with the experience.
I bought a turkey at Winn-Dixie for $.49/lb.  Then I bought a turkey at Publix for $.69/lb.
It was nice to get all those little errands done.

Summer made rice and bean bowls with corn and avocado crema for our dinner.  It is a favorite dinner of Autumn's.

That evening, I peeled, cored, and sliced apples for apple butter.  I wanted it to cook overnight while we slept.  Of course, I watched a Hallmark Christmas movie while I did it. :)  This is the recipe I use: Slow Cooker Apple Butter.


Friday, Nov. 17th

School - Day 64.  My apples cooked down all night long.  In the morning, I pureed them and now have a couple jars of homemade apple butter.  Yum!  I also mixed up a loaf of sourdough to rise to bake on Saturday morning.
Autumn really wanted to do something different in the living room.  So we spent several hours changing things around and cleaning.  It took a lot of my day but it was nice to do and get done.  It is always nice to have a change in your home - freshens it up and gives it an enjoyable change.  Here are photos of the change. :)


My apple butter.  I purchased pint-freezer-safe containers and divided them up.  Four pints to freeze and one to eat now.  Yay!



Mixed up another batch of dough for a loaf of sourdough.


Roasted my pumpkin seeds but forgot about them and they got a little too toasty.


Still overcast skies.


The girls and I went down to Wendy's for a small peppermint frosty.  Autumn and I both got a free one with the app.  They are so good!  That first bite tasted like Christmas.  :)



The changes we made. :)






















We had frozen pot pies for dinner.  Then we watched a Hallmark Christmas movie - A Heidelberg Holiday.  Then finished up with the last two episodes of The Santa Clauses of the second season from last year.  The new season has begun but we are waiting until Addie is here to watch it.

The weekend is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment