Monday, November 6, 2023

Sourdough Banana Nut Bread

 Tuesday, October 24

Today has been a quiet day.  Eric worked from home today instead of going into the office.  Only Sierra is here doing school.


I got this cookbook stand at Aldi - only $5!!  Isn't it perfect?  



Beautiful sunrise Tuesday morning.



More and more, Jackson will come love on me and take a nap on my lap.  He's so sweet.






Sourdough banana nut bread.


Extremely interesting book of the story of Pastor Bob Gray in Jacksonville, FL.  We actually visited one of the campuses of Trinity Baptist Church that used to be pastored by Gray about three weeks ago.  That campus is literally right down the street from our house.  It is now pastored by a guy named Messer who was complicit in covering up the crimes of Gray.  Gray had dozens of children that he molested through the years. When found out, he resigned that church and was supported to go be a missionary. He was finally arrested but died right before his trial.  

I didn't know the details of this story until I read this book and AFTER we visited the campus.  When I found out that Messer was still pastoring this church and was never held accountable for what he did, I told my husband I would never go back to that church.  Don't be blind to people that are willing to do this.

Sounds like exactly what Jack Hyles did when he sent his son David to go pastor a church in Texas after raping girls in the youth group.  One specifically Wendell and Marlene Evans' daughter, Joy.  Can you imagine continuing to work for a man whose son repeatedly raped your daughter and was not brought to justice but was sent to do more "work" in another church?  Where he continued to have immoral relationships with women in the church.  How does a dad live with himself like Wendell Evans did?  And Jack Hyles - how did he sleep at night?  I just can't fathom it all.

Sex crimes have been covered up all my life in church circles.  People need to do right by the victims and stop the abuse.  I don't know why people get away with this.  To this day, there is a pastor just ten minutes down the road from my house that is still pastoring that videotaped young women changing in his office.  It was past the statute of limitations to prosecute him.  His name is Greg Neal. I don't know why it seems like God doesn't bring justice onto these "men of God".
Bob Gray was a pedophile.  Read the book.


First snows of the season in many areas of the west.  Mt. Hood, the Sierras, Donner Pass, Glacier National Park, Yellowstone National Park.  I love seeing the photos!

I tried making sourdough banana nut bread.  It turned out fine - just more cakelike and not as dense and moist as I like my quickbread to be.  Did laundry and cleaning and caught up on some blog posts.

Broccoli-cheese soup and turkey BLT's for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment