Friday, November 24, 2023

Homemade Tomato Soup on a Rainy Day

 Tuesday, November 14

Today was another cloudy, overcast, and misty day.  Fallish day.  

It was a very low-key day.  Did laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, dishes, etc.  Grading and school work.  I baked my cinnamon rolls and my sourdough bread in the morning.  Mmm.  The rolls were not the same as last time.  I think perhaps it was because I used melted butter instead of softened butter.  I'm not quite sure.  Still learning this sourdough journey.


They looked pretty though!




This time, I did the glaze that the original recipe calls for.

Summer made dinner - creamy dreamy tomato soup and grilled cheese with fresh sourdough bread.  Nothing better than grilled cheese and tomato soup on a rainy fall day.



These girls are always being silly with this cat.


On this day, I was really struggling with the cloudy skies.  Candles bring a sense of happiness to a gray day.

I also finished an audiobook which I recommend - Counting the Cost by Jill Duggar.  Excellent book and so relevant.

I also received a call from my daughter, Addie.  She was so excited to share that her boyfriend's older brother just received Christ!  We have been praying for his salvation and praise God, his name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life.  Never give up!  God hears your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment