Saturday, November 18, 2023

Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup and a Paint Transformation

 Monday, November 6

A new week.  A beautiful week here in Florida.  It is hard to keep track of the months and holidays when the weather doesn't change much here. 


A handsome boy in his scarf. :)



This is what happens after time change. :)


His little dirty feet. :)


Warm week here in November in Jax.


Getting dark so early now.  


Sleepy boy.


Ha!  Isn't this so true in wintertime?

School - Day 55.  Plugging through the nine weeks.  We will be working on our first tests for these nine weeks.

I made parmesan chicken, hash brown casserole, and peas for dinner.  Sierra commented how just the smell brings her back to the days when people would come over for dinner when we pastored. :)

Tuesday, November 7

Voting day.  We did not have any local elections here in our part of Florida.  I did follow the election in Ohio with that being my home state.  What a sad day it was.  It's a sad day for humanity when we vote to kill the unborn in the name of women's reproductive rights.  I am unashamedly pro-life.  And I am ashamed of my home state.


I love the soft lights in the morning.


Throwback of sweet days.


Gorgeous day!


School - Day 56.  I baked my bread right away in the morning.  Is there anything better than bread baking as you start your day?  Eric went to work in the warehouse organizing their work truck that transports all their materials for their events.  He went in a little later and I got to make him some sunny-side-up eggs with my freshly baked sourdough bread. :)




For dinner, I made homemade cream of mushroom soup which I will post soon.  I love soups.  Who doesn't this time of the year?  A typical canned cream of mushroom soup does NOT cut it.  But a homemade one?  So good!!  Our family loves mushrooms so it is a good one for us!  I then made Rachels or Turkey Reubens to go with the soup.  I used the remainder of the loaf of my sourdough bread to make them and they were fantastic!!  Ever had a meal where you just wanted to savor the flavor?  This was one. :)


I thought I would share some before and after photos of my parent's house.  They recently painted the outside.  It looks so nice!







No comments:

Post a Comment