Sunday, December 24, 2023

Christmas Eve Traditions

Merry Christmas Eve!

What are your traditions for Christmas Eve?  I don't remember as kids having any special traditions.  I do remember Bro. Boz - a man from our church - would sometimes drop by on Christmas Eve and bring gifts/food items for our family.  A sweet memory.

Since having kids, I have tried to have some special memories for our family that our kids will remember as adults.  Here they are.

We have always let the kids choose a gift to open on Christmas Eve.  Then we began the tradition of giving new pajamas on Christmas Eve and they have really liked this. :)

I try to plan a special dinner for Christmas Eve as well.  I think special memories, many of them, center around food.  So I want our Christmas Eve dinners to be part of the special memory.

In the early days of our family, we didn't attend a Christmas Eve service.  But now we find a Christmas Eve service to attend and it has become a special time as well.

We always watch "It's A Wonderful Life" on Christmas Eve.  It is a favorite of ours and a perfect movie for Christmas Eve.

I hope you have some special traditions today as well on Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment