Saturday, December 9, 2023

Warm and Muggy December Weekend :)

 Saturday, December 2

Today, Sierra and Summer will be working on a few tests and papers for school.

I will be going to Walmart to get groceries for this upcoming week.

It is another very warm and humid day.  Light sprinkles and all the clouds are holding the heat and humidity on us.  We have all the windows open in the house.  Hopefully, it breaks soon and we get the cooler temps and sunshine back. :)

After grocery shopping, I took a shower and got ready.  We watched The Grinch and Autumn did my hair.  I made chicken stir fry for an early dinner.

At 4:15pm, we left for a Christmas concert at Riverside Presbyterian Church near downtown Jax.  When we went to park, our phones went off with a tornado watch alert!  We got inside before the storm hit.  Lightning, crazy thunder, rain and wind.  You could see the lightning through the stain glass windows and hear the huge booms above the choir voices.












The concert was beautiful.  The Don Chorale sang several numbers first.  Then the First Wind Symphony did several pieces.  They did a couple together.

I truly, truly love hearing choirs and symphonies perform.  It is so beautiful, relaxing, and renewing.  Especially this time of the year.  They had many songs too about our Lord.

After the concert, we got home, cleaned the kitchen, and then watched Prancer.


Sunday, December 3

Church this morning.  I am packing and preparing to leave for four days.  I will be working at an event that my husband's company is having in Atlanta, GA.  The event is Tuesday and Wednesday.  Monday, I will drive to Atlanta and then the crew will be setting up Monday.  Eric and I will drive back home on Thursday.

Tonight, we are going to a Christmas program at First Baptist Church of Jacksonville.  It is from 6-8pm.










No comments:

Post a Comment