Saturday, December 23, 2023

What Are Your Menu Plans for the Christmas Holiday Weekend?

Monday, December 18
Monday, the long weekend storm finally moved on and we woke up to cooler temperatures!  It was so nice to have clear skies and sunshine again.


Eric flew back home from Atlanta.  I picked him up from the airport at 10:30am.  I spent some time transferring all the digitized home videos onto the new passport I got just for that.  
Addie was still pretty sick and vomiting.
School - Day 82.  We are getting close to finishing up the nine weeks and fall semester.  Just a few more days!






For dinner, I made tuna noodle casserole.  I also finished up my menu for the week and the holiday and completed my grocery list.  

What are you all making for the holiday weekend?

For Christmas Eve, I am making sirloin steaks (and one lamb chop for the hubby), twice-baked potato casserole, grilled asparagus, and creamy corn casserole.  I am also making puppy chow for a special treat.

For Christmas day, I am making hearty breakfast egg bake.  This is a great casserole you make the night before and just pull out and bake for a hot and hearty breakfast.  Great for Christmas morning!

For dinner, I am making corned beef and cabbage, sourdough dinner rolls, and peach cobbler with vanilla bean ice cream.  What is great with corned beef is you throw it in the crockpot and it cooks all day and is ready for dinner.  This will be nice so I am not up and down while we are opening gifts and trying to cook at the same time.  Our family loves corned beef and cabbage!!
The dinner rolls can be made the day before and just pulled out, rise, and bake for hot and yummy homemade rolls!  

No comments:

Post a Comment