Sunday, December 3, 2023

Thanksgiving Weekend 2023

 Saturday, November 25

Saturday was a chill day.  I don't think anyone wanted to do much.  Eric and the girls watched some documentaries on the different states on the History Channel.  I made dough for a loaf of sourdough bread as well as sourdough pretzels. The recipe. I did a little laundry and cleaned the kitchen.  I also made a big pot of red beans for dinner.





Making the pretzel dough.


I got these white ramekins at Wal-Mart.  They are perfect when I am doing my sourdough recipes for measuring out the ingredients.  They are also great for meals when you have something like baked beans that want to run all over the plate.  They are a perfect size for a serving and keep that serving contained.


Enjoying a bowl of red beans and rice.


Watching White Christmas.  Love seeing all my girls together.






Homemade sourdough pretzels.


Later, we watched White Christmas.  We had red beans and rice for dinner.  Then we played more rounds of Dutch Blitz.  I also made pretzels to eat while we played games.  Spending time together for the holiday weekend. :)

Sunday, November 26

Sunday morning was church together.  Then we had lunch at the Martin home.  Brandie made a pot of turkey and wild rice soup.  I brought a loaf of my sourdough bread, Coke, cheeseball and crackers and chocolate delight.  Ricky and Eric watched the football game.  Sierra, Summer, Autumn, and I played a couple games at their house.



Autumn's room.

When we got home, we did laundry because Addie and Eric were both leaving in the morning.  Then we played another game of Dutch Blitz. :)  Last of our family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment