Saturday, December 2, 2023

Decorating for Christmas 2023

Friday, November 24

This year, Autumn, Summer, and I went in the morning and did a little Black Friday shopping.  Every year I promise myself I will do better at finding deals!  I didn't do well this year but there's always next time.  LOL



Friday evening, we pulled all the Christmas storage containers out to decorate the trees and house for Christmas.  Autumn was so sweet - she got us matching sweaters for decorating!  Snoopy!  And she also made a hot cocoa station for the season.  Summer, Sierra, and Autumn made gingerbread men for us too to have with our cocoa and eggnog for decorating.  :)  I love my girls!













Hot cocoa and cookie station.


Homemade gingerbread men by Summer and Autumn.


Hot cocoa station - cocoa mix, marshmallows, peppermint kisses, peppermint sticks, chocolate chips.



Eric and the girls put us the tree/trees.  I do the lights.  The girls did the ornaments on the small tree.  This is our nostalgic tree - it is now 23 years old.  It was our first tree the first year we got married and we use it every year.  We like to put our homemade and special ornaments on it.








This is our village.  Eric and Autumn did the village this year.  I am very sad our library was broken in the move and not repairable.  

Jackson and I did the ornaments on our big tree at the front entrance. :)  I got this tree on clearance after Christmas in Ohio and we have only used it once.  It just did not fit in our Oregon place.  It is so pretty in this house at the front entrance!  I just love it!  I did red, gold, silver and white.  I am going to enjoy this month with all the pretty lights in our home!











We watched Elf while doing all the decor and trees.  We had our eggnog and gingerbread cookies.  After we finished and put away all the storage containers, we made cups of cocoa and watched I'll Be Home For Christmas.  It was a nice evening all together!














No comments:

Post a Comment